Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Career Karma, Inc ("Company", "we", "us", or "our"). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices with regard to your personal information, please contact us at moc.amrakreerac@ycavirp.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
- DO WE USE GOOGLE MAPS?
- HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
- WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
- DO CALIFORNIA, VIRGINIA, COLORADO, CONNECTICUT RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Services or Apps, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Services, Sites, or Apps(such as posting messages in our online forums or entering competitions, contests or giveaways) or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, Sites, or Apps, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
We may conduct surveys and contests occasionally that may request personal information, including age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, and veteran or military status.
Personal Information. We collect first name, maiden name, last name, and nickname; phone numbers; email addresses; audio and visual information if you choose to share photos or videos; geography, race, and national origin if you apply to or participate in programs or surveys that request that information; and if you applied to receive a laptop through Reskill America then we could have collected your data such as driver’s license number, passport number or government identifier; and other similar data.
Social Media Login Data. We may provide you with the option to register using social media account details, like your Facebook, Twitter, or other social media account. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the Information described in the section called "HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?" below.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information — such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Services, Sites or Apps.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Services, Sites, or Apps. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services, Sites, or Apps and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, Sites, or Apps, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Online Identifiers. We collect devices; applications; cookie identifiers, or others such as the ones used for analytics and marketing; tools and protocols, such as IP (Internet Protocol) addresses; and other similar data.
Information collected through our Sites or Apps
In Short: We may collect information regarding your geo-location, mobile device, push notifications, when you use our apps.
If you use our Apps, we may also collect the following information:
- Geo-Location Information. We may request access or permission to track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device's settings.
- Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device's bluetooth, camera, contacts, microphone, reminders, sms messages, social media accounts, storage, calendar, sensors, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device's settings.
- Mobile Device Data. We may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address..
- Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the mobile application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device's settings.
The information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites and Apps, for troubleshooting and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Services, Sites or Apps for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract. See the section below headed "HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS" for further information.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Services that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the consent of the testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us at moc.amrakreerac@ycavirp and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user's consent.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Services.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the "WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS" below).
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness. For more information, see our Cookie Notice: https://careerkarma.com/cookie-policy.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, Sites, or Apps, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf, or who examine data for their own purposes, and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Services, Sites, or Apps, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Services, Sites, or Apps over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions or other content to the Services, Sites, or Apps) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Services or Apps, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Services or Apps in perpetuity. If you interact with other users of our Services, Sites, or Apps and register through a social network (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Services, Sites, or Apps, and view your profile.
4. WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
In Short: We only share information with the following third parties.
We only share and disclose your information with the following third party business partners. We have categorized each party so that you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. We ask for your consent to share your information with a third party business partner in order to process and perform the services requested by you. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us using the contact details provided in the section below titled "HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?"
- Affiliate Marketing Programs
2U, 4Geeks Academy, App Academy, Bloc, BloomTech, Bottega Tech, BrainStation, Caltech, CareerFoundry, Careerist, Code Fellows, Coding Dojo, Coding Temple, devCodeCamp, Devmountain, Digital Marketing Institute, DigitalCrafts, Emeritus, Flatiron School, Flockjay, Fullstack Academy, Galvanize/ Hack Reactor, General Assembly, Hacker USA, Highway Education, Ironhack, Jigsaw Labs, Kenzie Academy, MentorWorks, Metis, NGT Academy, Nucamp, Practicum by Yandex, Prehired, Rithm, Sabio, Simplilearn, SkillBank, Springboard, Southern New Hampshire University, SV Academy, Tech Elevator, Tech I.S., TechPro Education, The Tech Academy, Thinkful, Victory Lap.
- Allow Users to Connect to their Third-Party Accounts
Facebook account, Google Account
- Artificial Intelligence
OpenAI, AssemblyAI, llElevenLabs
- Content Optimization
Youtube video embed
- Functionality and Infrastructure Optimization
Cloud Firestore, Firebase Legacy
- Retargeting Platforms
Facebook Custom Audience
- Scholarship Applications
- Data Analysis
- Social Media Sharing and Advertising
- User Account Registration and Authentication
Facebook Login, Google Login
- Web and Mobile Analytics
Amplitude, Hotjar, Smartlook, Microsoft Clarity
- Website Hosting
- Website Performance Monitoring
- Website Testing
6. DO WE USE GOOGLE MAPS?
In Short: Yes, we use Google Maps for the purpose of providing better service.
7. HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
In Short: If you choose to register or log in to our services using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
Our Services offers you the ability to register and login using your third-party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, email address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public on such social media platform.
8. WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our Website.
The Services may contain advertisements from third parties that are not affiliated with us and which may link to other websites, online services or mobile applications. We cannot guarantee the safety and privacy of data you provide to any third parties. Any data collected by third parties is not covered by this privacy notice. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third parties, including other websites, services or applications that may be linked to or from the Services. You should review the policies of such third parties and contact them directly to respond to your questions.
9. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
10. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services or Apps is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
11. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 16 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 16 years of age. By using the Services, Sites, or Apps, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services, Sites, or Apps. If we learn that personal information from users less than 16 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 16, please contact us at moc.amrakreerac@ycavirp.
12. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/about-edpb/members_en.
If you are resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at moc.amrakreerac@ycavirp.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
- Log into your account settings and update your user account.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services, Sites, or Apps. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Services, Sites, or Apps visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. For further information, please see our Cookie Notice: https://careerkarma.com/cookie-policy.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
- Access your account settings and update preferences.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
13. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage, no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
14. DO CALIFORNIA, VIRGINIA, COLORADO, CONNECTICUT RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, Virginia, Colorado or Connecticut, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
15. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
16. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
Please contact us at moc.amrakreerac@ycavirp.
We collect the personal information you provide to us when you become a user. The categories of information we may collect include:
- Personal Identifiers, including name, email address, telephone number, and online Identifiers
- Location Information, including general location data
- Physical and Audio Data, including audio recordings, photos, and video recordings
- Inferences from Other Data, including inferences created from other personal information collected
We collect the personal information you provide to us when you visit and browse our website. The categories of information we may collect include:
- Personal Identifiers, including online Identifiers
- Internet Activity
- Location Information, including general location data
We may collect personal information about you from third-party sources, including Ad Networks.
The categories of information we may collect include:
- Personal Identifiers, including Name, Email address, and Online Identifiers
We do not retain data for any longer than is necessary for the purposes described in this Policy.We generally retain data according to the guidelines below.
|Type of Data
|Cookies and online data we collect while you use our website, including Online Identifiers, Internet Activity
|We delete or anonymize data concerning your use of our website within 5 years of collecting it.
|Data we collect when you sign up for promotional and marketing communications, including Email address, Telephone number
|Where you have signed up to receive promotional and marketing communications from us, we will retain any data collected until you opt out or request its deletion. We may keep data beyond this period in anonymized form. We will further retain a record of any opt-outs in order to prevent sending you future communications.
|Data we collect when you review our products, answer surveys, or send feedback, including Online Identifiers
|We retain review, survey, and feedback data for up to 5 years following your last contact with us. We may keep data beyond this period in anonymized form to help improve our products and services.
|Data we collect in connection with privacy requests, including Name, Email address
|We retain records related to privacy requests for a minimum of 24 months following the completion of the request.
|Data we collect for security purposes, including Email address
|We retain security-related data as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations and to maintain and improve our information security measures.
We process personal information for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Analyzing Data
- Improving our Products & Services
- Operating Our Website or Mobile Apps
- Sending Promotional Communications
- Storing and Managing Data
We may disclose personal information about you for business and commercial purposes when you become a user:
|Personal Information Category
|Categories of Service Providers
|Categories of Third Parties
|Business Operations Tool, Collaboration & Productivity Tools, Data Analytics Providers, IT Infrastructure Services, Sales & Marketing Tools, and Website Operations Tool
|Ad Networks, Business Partners, Data Analytics Providers, and Sales & Marketing Tools
We may disclose personal information about you for business and commercial purposes when you visit and browse our website:
|Personal Information Category
|Categories of Service Providers
|Categories of Third Parties
|Data Analytics Providers, IT Infrastructure Services, and Sales & Marketing Tools
|Sales & Marketing Tools
|Sales & Marketing Tools
This section provides additional information for people in the European Economic Area (EEA) or United Kingdom (UK). The terms used in this section have the same meaning as in the General Data Protection Regulation and the UK Data Protection Act (GDPR). The term “personal information” as used in this notice has the same meaning as “personal data” in the GDPR.
We process personal data on the following lawful bases:
- Complying with legal obligations
- Fulfilling contracts
- Legitimate interests
Where we process personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests, we pursue the following interests: Analyzing Data, Improving our Products & Services, Operating Our Website or Mobile Apps, Sending Promotional Communications, and Storing and Managing Data.
We may send the personal data of individuals in the EEA/UK to third countries, including the United States, where it may be stored or processed, for example on our service providers’ cloud servers. When we transfer personal data, we rely either on Adequacy Decisions as adopted by the European Commission (EC) or the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) on the basis of Article 45 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), the EU-US Data Privacy Framework and UK-US Data Bridge agreements, Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) issued by the EC or International Data Transfer Agreements (IDTAs) approved by the ICO. Data protection authorities have determined that the SCCs and IDTAs provide sufficient safeguards to protect personal data transferred outside the EEA/UK. You may read more about international data transfer mechanisms at the following links:
Individuals in the EEA/UK have the following rights regarding their personal data. Make a Privacy Request by clicking here. Once you submit a request, we will verify your identity and process your request in most cases within 30 days.
Right to access. You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
Right of portability. You have the right to ask us to transfer your data to another party.
Right to rectification. You have the right to request that we rectify any incorrect information we have about you.
Right of erasure. You have the right to request that we erase (delete) any personal information we hold about you.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. For more information, you can visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website at https://ico.org.uk/, or see a list of EU Data Protection Authorities at https://www.gdprregister.eu/gdpr/dpa-gdpr/.